main objective of the not for profit organisation Björkö Konstnod (BKN) is to provide an opportunity to, within the stay,
focus on, the aristic practice and experience life in the Northern
Archipelago of Stockholm - where the sea meets the forest, fields, and
lakes. What is important to remember is the light conditions in the wintertime it gets dark @ 3.30 pm and during the summer the sun does not really set.
Studio 3 (formerly known as Stora Ateljén), is in the main building at BKN. The two former school buildings are made out of wood covered with the traditional red paint. All together there are 5 studios (2 more to open in 2021), one digital studio and one wood workshop.
The basics of the studio listed below:
- The studio is on the ground floor
- Cieling height: 2,75/2.85 cm (white, walls and cieling)
- Area: 67 kvm (vinyl floor)
- 1 wardroab
- 2 smal tables (school equipment)
- 1 big table (high, consisting of 3 smaller + one halfround)
- I workbench
- Sofa (modules, can be reshaped)
- Floresent light
- 1 emergecy exit
- Several windows can be opened
- Sound absorbing plates in the cieling
- Table lamp
- 90x200 daybed
- Shared kitchen, shower and washing mashine
- Individual toilet (due to covid)
- 1 big movable notice board
- 1 medium size blackboard (vintage)
- Studio can be locked
- The arist is responsible for cleaning the studio and we take turns keeping the rest of the space nice
- Wifi (fiber based, wifi studio, wifi and ethernet in Conference room)
- Office chair and desk + desklamp.
- More about AiR BKN >>>
- Cost of living presented in an index for students, with specification of various foods and activeties >>>
- Learn some Swedish >>>
- Postal service: in both ICA, (parcel/mail delivery possible to BKN extra charge see address bottom of page)
- Grocery store: ICA Barrometern 7 km or order by delivery from ICA Supermarket Väddö
- Pharmacy: Älmsta or ICA Barrometern service point
- Wine & liquor: Norrtälje Systembolag or service point ICA Barrometern
Studio 35 (formerly known as Stora Ateljén)
Fee AiR BKN (until the May)
Service fee 400 sek per month, all artists need to be a member of the not for profit the 100 sek/calender year. AiR BKN no rental fee on top of service fee.
PROD BKN rental fee.
- Airports >>>
- Airport buss to Central Stockholm >>>
- Public transportation Buss, From Central Station Stockholm to buss stop "Björkö-Arholma Skola" . Make sure to write as above (you will transfere buss in Norrtälje same station, from 676 to 636)
- Adress: Björkö Konstnod, Simpnäsvägen 739, SE-764 53, Björkö, SWEDEN (see map on this page)
Img 1-3: Exterior 2020 September 3 pm, November 8 am, November 11 am
Img 4-6: Close by BKN,2 pm Augus,t 11 am, November 11 am
. . .
Adress: Björkö Konstnod, Simpnäsvägen 739, SE-764 53, Björkö, SWEDEN
curator @ bjorkokonstnod.se