main objective of the not for profit organisation Björkö Konstnod (BKN) is to provide an opportunity to, within the stay,
focus on, the aristic practice and experience life in the Northern
Archipelago of Stockholm - where the sea meets the forest, fields, and
lakes. What is important to remember is the light conditions in the wintertime it gets dark @ 3.30 pm and during the summer the sun does not really set.
The two former school buildings are made out of wood covered with the traditional red paint. All together there are 7 studios at BKN in addition to digital studio/presentation space and one wood workshop. Studio 3, is in the main building at BKN.
The basics of the studio listed below:
- The studio is on the ground floor of main building
- Cieling height: 2,75/2.85 cm (white, walls and cieling)
- Area: 67 kvm (vinyl floor)
- 1 wardroab
- 1 big table (high, consisting of smaller units)
- I workbench + rolling media rack
- Counter with water (hot and cold)
- Radiators for heat
- Sofa (modules, can be reshaped)
- Floresent light
- 1 emergecy exit
- Several windows can be opened
- Sound absorbing plates in the cieling
- 90x200 daybed(s)
- 1 big movable notice board
- 1 medium size blackboard (vintage)
- The arist is responsible for cleaning the studio and we take turns keeping the rest of the space nice
- Wifi (fiber based, wifi studio, wifi and ethernet)
- Individual toilet (due to covid), located just out side studio
- Shower, washing mashine, upper floor
- Kitchen (shared) lower floor
- Studio can be locked
- Emergency light (including powerbank)
- Fire equipment
- Up on request: office chair(s)
Studio 3 (formerly known as Stora Ateljén), 67 sqm. Both buildings about 590 sqm.
- Airport: Stockholm (Arlanda)
- Train Station, Stockholm Central station (in the heart of the city)
- Airport buss to Central Stockholm, option of bus (45 min) Flygbussarna.se or rapid train (20 min) Arlanda Express
- Public transportation (2.5 h), ie bus from Central Station Stockholm to bus stop "Björkö-Arholma Skola" Buss stops at the door of BKN.
You need to transfere buss in Norrtälje same station, from 676 to 636). Use sl.se or Moovit app for schedule. Make sure to write bus stops as above when you search for your trip.
- Adress: Björkö Konstnod, Simpnäsvägen 739, SE-764 53, Björkö, SWEDEN
- Contact: curator @ bjorkokonstnod.se
Img 1-3: Exterior 2020 September 3 pm, November 8 am, November 11 am
Img 4-6: Close by BKN, 2 pm August 11 am, November 11 am (last two)
. . .
Adress: Björkö Konstnod, Simpnäsvägen 739, SE-764 53, Björkö, SWEDEN
curator @ bjorkokonstnod.se