main objective of the not for profit organisation Björkö Konstnod (BKN) is to provide an opportunity to, within the stay,
focus on, the aristic practice and experience life in the Northern
Archipelago of Stockholm - where the sea meets the forest, fields, and
Studio 1 is in the main building at BKN, Can be converted into two separate studios.
The two former school buildings are made out of wood covered with the
traditional red paint. All together there are 5 studios (2 more to open
in 2021), one digital studio and one wood workshop.
- Studios on the ground floor in the main building (windows can not be reached from out side)
- Cieling height: 2,6 m (whitewalls and cieling, wood floor)
- Area: 57 sqm, 3 rooms the biggerst is 25 sqm (wooden floor)
- Internet, wifi
- 2 Desks, 1 office chair
- Flouresent light
- 1 desklamp
- 4 bookshelfs (one wall mounted and three movable
- 1 armchair
- Window blinders and sunshade
- Fire place (not to be used)
- Shared kitchen, shower and washing mashine
- Individual toildet (due to Covid)
- Can lock studio
- 2 90x200 daybed
- The arist is responsible for cleaning the studio and we take turns keeping the rest of the space nice.
- Cost of living presented in an index for students, with specification of various foods and activeties >>>
- Learn some Swedish >>>
- Postal service: in both ICA, (parcel/mail delivery possible to BKN extra charge see address bottom of page)
- Grocery store: ICA Barrometern 7 km or order by delivery from ICA Supermarket Väddö
- Pharmacy: Älmsta or ICA Barrometern service point
- Wine & liquor: Norrtälje Systembolag or service point ICA Barrometern
Service fee 400 sek per month, all artists need to be a member of the not for profit the 100 sek/calender year. AiR BKN no rental fee on top of service fee. PROD BKN rental fee.
- Villa Violet i Backa (vid Ica) >>>
- Skogvaktarstugan Stridsby gård (närmare Björkö konstnod) >>>
- Björkögården >>>
Travel to BKN
- Airports >>>
- Airport buss to Central Stockholm >>>
- Public transportation Buss, From Central Station Stockholm to buss stop "Björkö-Arholma Skola" . Make sure to write as above (you will transfere buss in Norrtälje same station, from 676 to 636)
- Adress: Björkö Konstnod, Simpnäsvägen 739, SE-764 53, Björkö, SWEDEN (see map on this page)
. . .
Adress: Björkö Konstnod, Simpnäsvägen 739, SE-764 53, Björkö, SWEDEN
curator @ bjorkokonstnod.se